Kindle ebook version
Now in Kindle format for easy reference on smart phone and tablet with Kindle reader apps.
A must-have for all who wish to introduce young children to the basics of British Sign Language.
This STUDENT Book accompanies the Early Years Curriculum TUTOR BOOK & CD and is required course material for all those attending the courses in Early Years settings – developed and piloted over a 2 and a half year period, primarily by Deaf tutors for Deaf tutors in education – a much-needed resource.
Designed for a 10 week course of 1 hour or 5 weeks of 2 hours BSL training for Nurseries, Families, and Primary Settings.
The separate Tutor book includes detailed course outlines, plans and materials plus a CD with additional materials.
The carefully planned curriculum covers:
- code of conduct for students and tutor
- basic BSL linguistics
- development of story telling skills
- structured framework to follow week by week
- cue cards and dialogue sheets
- sign vocabulary sheets in topics
- signs and phrases for early years settings including Greetings, People, Family, Colours, Questions, Animals, Time, Numbers, Toys, Weather, Clothes, School signs and Christmas.
The book contains the necessary worksheets and reminder sheets with hundreds of illustrated signs.
There are no reviews yet.